It is a deeper than Swedish but does incorporate the same style massage but includes additional techniques i.e; soft tissue release(STR), neuromuscular techniques,(NMT) trigger points, acupressure, Myofacial release and when applicable stretches and manipulation.
The purpose behind this massage is to reduce muscle soreness and help enhance power, endurance and flexilibity. It can also help with postural issues such as general neck ache, lower back pain, and shoulder problems.
Due to the nature of the deep muscle tissue manipulation it can be uncomfortable at first for some clients, but your body will respond as muscle stiffness reduces and flexibility increases.
Sports massage can be used to aid recovery from injury or an event or as part of a long-term training programme. It is ideal for pre and post event as well as preventative treatments to help reduce injury risk.
There are many benefits to having sports massage, both in training, post event and in recovery:
* Faster recovery from damage and trauma in workouts
* Increased flexibility and range of motion
* Relief from fatigue
* Reduced injury healing time
* Improved circulation
* Reduced muscle tension, cramping and inflammation post event
* Psychological benefits such as stress relief, increase in self-esteem, better awareness of your body